Here’s a fun and helpful little activity available to anyone who has signed up for the blogathon.
Ever been on someone’s blog and you wanted to give them some feedback on their blog but you were afraid they would get upset? Or wanted to know what others thought of your blog but were afraid to ask or not sure how to ask?
Then this is for you. Here is how it works:
- Bloggers sign up.
- I will match up the bloggers. Each blogger will be assigned another person’s blog to evaluate. The person who is evaluating your blog will be different from the blog you are evaluating so you will never know who evaluated your blog.
- You will visit your assigned blog and look around for at least 5 minutes.
- You will create a list of TWO Rocks and TWO Roses. Rocks are what needs improving and Roses are what is already being done well.
- You will submit your lists to me and I will direct them anonymously to the person who owns the blog.
- That’s it! You get kudos and suggestions and help someone else out too.
It’s up to you whether you take their advice or not.
If you sign up, please follow these guidelines:
- You will be honest about the Rocks and Roses.
- You will word the Rocks nicely by giving suggestions for improvement and using a respectful tone.
- You will not get all upset after you receive your rocks and roses. If you disagree with what they have to say, that’s okay. It’s your blog and you don’t have to follow the suggestions. But don’t take it personally.
- We are evaluating design, layout, organization, widgets/add ons, format, writing style etc,, but NOT content. We may think the blog would be better with different subjects or more/less variety but we are not the blog owner. They have decided their blog content based on what they want to blog about. Please stay away from talking about content.
Signups are open till June 24 11:59 PM EST (8 hours before the blogathon ends) Assignments will be given out after the blogathon and you will have a week or two to do them.
Ask questions in the comments in case someone else has the same one. Sign Up Here: Rocks and Roses