Back in June I hosted the first Rocks & Roses Blog Evaluation and I’m doing it again, this time it’s open to ALL BLOGGERS and will run slightly differently.
What It Is
Ever been on someone’s blog and you wanted to give them some feedback on their blog but you were afraid they would get upset? Or wanted to know what others thought of your blog but were afraid to ask or not sure how to ask? This is your chance to get some anonymous feedback on your blog from a new pair of eyes. Sometimes other see what you don’t.
How it Works
- Bloggers sign up.
- Bloggers will be randomly matched up. Each blogger will be assigned another person’s blog to evaluate. The person who is evaluating your blog will be different from the blog you are evaluating so you will never know who evaluated your blog.
- You will visit your assigned blog and look around for at least 5 minutes.
- You will create a list of TWO Rocks and TWO Roses. Rocks are what needs improving and Roses are what is already being done well.
- You will submit your lists to me and I will direct them anonymously to the person who owns the blog.
- That’s it! You get kudos and suggestions and help someone else out too.
It’s up to you whether you take their advice or not.
- You will be honest about the Rocks and Roses.
- You will word the Rocks nicely by giving suggestions for improvement and using a respectful tone.
- You will not get all upset after you receive your rocks and roses. If you disagree with what they have to say, that’s okay. It’s your blog and you don’t have to follow the suggestions. But don’t take it personally.
- We are evaluating design, layout, organization, widgets/add ons, format, writing style etc,, but NOT content. We may think the blog would be better with different subjects or more/less variety but we are not the blog owner. They have decided their blog content based on what they want to blog about. Please stay away from talking about content.
Two More Things
- Family Friendly Blogs only please
- Only ONE blog per person
Ask questions in the comments in case someone else has the same one.
Signups are open till Nov 5 11:59 PM EST Shortly thereafter, assignments will be given out and you will have a week or two to do them.
Please Consider Sharing With Other Bloggers – just click retweet!
— Kathleen G (@Blogathon2) October 15, 2012
Sign Up Below
To join in, use the linky below. Enter as follows:
Name: My Awesome Blog Name